Creating Your Marketing Calendar
The March 27, 2019 Lowell Business Brew meeting's Top Tips session focused on creating and using a Marketing Calendar. This is a HUGE topic, and at the request of those in attendance, we will follow up with Your Marketing Calendar - Part 2 during our Nov/Dec meeting on Wednesday, December 4th. Mark your calendars now!
Key points from the discussion included:
- Planning Ahead - By planning promotions and events in advance, you allow yourself the time to create and (more effectively) promote those events. We recommend setting aside a time for planning at the beginning of each quarter to plan upcoming & seasonal events.
- Using a variety of platforms to promote your business or organization - Email, Social Media, Websites, Blogs, Networking Events, Print Media and In-store signage & flyers (for brick & mortar locations) should all be used regularly in order to connect with target clients and customers.
- Scheduling something every week throughout the month and using free tools to post helps reduce the overwhelm and workload.
Free scheduling tools recommended at the March meeting include:
- Trello - this is the tool that Brianna uses for scheduling
- Canva - we both LOVE this one for creating FREE flyers & graphics!
- Buffer - Free lets you connect 3 from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Hootsuite - Free version lets you choose & connect 3 platforms (more platforms to choose from)
- Tailwind - Scheduler for Pinterest & Instagram - start with the free trial